End-of-the-year bits and pieces you might need!
We thought it would be helpful for you to have a list of "bits and pieces" of important information that might help you at this very busy time of the year.
- Summer paychecks: Direct deposit pay information will be available online through LWSD Employee Access one business day before the money is actually deposited.
- Waiting for a transfer? If you're waiting to hear about a transfer, make sure you check your work e-mail every day during the summer. You have two business days to respond to a transfer. Keep in mind that you can turn down one transfer offer and still stay on the list. If you turn down the second offer, your name will be dropped from the list and you'll remain in your current position.
- Annual (personal) leave: You can use the web-based sub system to request annual days (personal leave) up to 365 days in advance. Now is the time to get your annual leave reserved for that special event next year but only for the number of days you have actually accrued.
- New glasses/contacts: Your vision insurance is on a 365-day benefit schedule, so when you use a particular benefit, it's not available again for 365 days. You may want to keep this in mind when scheduling appointments and making eyewear purchases this summer. Remember, frames are covered only every two years.
- Insurance savings: A+ Auto and Home Insurance program, the NEA-endorsed auto and home insurance company, has very competitive rates and specially tailored policies for educators. Call Customer Service (A+ program) at 888-497-1090 for more information or a quote. Many members report having saved significant amounts of money by switching to this plan.
- Member benefits: Check out the NEA Member Benefits website for all kinds of programs and discounts that have been approved by the Association and are available to you as an NEA member.
- Save your receipts: Be sure to save receipts for next year's Professional Fund. Receipts dated 6/1/15 or later are eligible.
- Last Update: This is the last Update of the school year. Our next issue will come out the last week of August.
- Looking for an old Update? If you need something that was published in an Update this year, you can still access that information. Simply go to the LWEA website - we have all of the 2014-15 Updates available for you.
- LWEA office closed in July: The LWEA office will be closed from Monday, June 29 through Friday, July 31 to allow for staff vacations.